To resolve Wi-Fi network, storage capacity and server performance constraints, the IT leadership team at Saint Bede’s needed to find the most appropriate, cost efficient way to improve the provision of computing services for all staff and students. The school initiative to enable the safe use of mobile devices for everyone everywhere across the campus confirmed the requirement for a speedy,centrally-managed and secure wireless network solution.
- 23Technology installed high-speed, fibre-optic LAN cabling, linking the main campus buildings.
- Building upon existing investments in networking infrastructure, the HP LAN backbone chassis and distribution switches were upgraded.
- 23Technology deployed Aerohive cloud-managed, high capacity, high-performance, Wi-Fi secure access points across the whole campus.
- Resilient Dell servers and shared storage array,running Microsoft Hyper-V, were deployed together with the required Microsoft licences via an Open Value Subscription for Education Solutions (OVS-ES) agreement.
- Microsoft Hyper-V ensures the stability of St Bede’s network, plus the IT team now use a familiar interface to allow them to easily administer the network centrally.
- Teaching material and pupil information can now be accessed at high-speed from all campus buildings and classrooms thanks to a 20x increase in bandwidth and improved Wi-Fi coverage.
- Staff and students are able to log in quickly to fast desktop sessions delivered to either PCs, laptops or mobile devices.
23Technology’s open approach allowed us to gain useful knowledge in managing the environment by working alongside the consultant on tasks, rather than just being presented with the solution once completed.”Andy Hawkins, IT Co-ordinator, St Bede's School
We know reliable IT infrastructure is a vital tool to ensuring positive pupil outcomes. We are delighted to have helped St Bede’s build on their success and ensure their IT infrastructure will cope with future demand.Paul Foster, Director, 23Technology